- Clean and dry the tattoo thoroughly
- Cut the SecondSkin™ to the desired length and shape, using multiple pieces overlapped at least one inch if needed. You should account for an extra inch on each side of the tattoo to cover un-tattooed, dry skin
- “Crack” the wave by bending the piece in half at the blue stripe
- Expose the sticky side by peeling off the backing printed with “second skin”
- Smooth SecondSkin™ over the tattoo pushing out any air bubbles
- Remove supportive clear backing by peeling from the blue “wave” and smoothing over skin
In the first 24 hours, there may be a build-up of plasma under the SecondSkin™. This is completely normal. If so, remove the bandage and repeat from step one. Whether or not you change your bandage, leave it on for an additional three to six days. Once you remove our SecondSkin™ bandage, keep your tattoo clean and start using our aftercare cream as needed.
- Peel up an edge or corner of SecondSkin™. If this proves difficult, you can attach the medical tape to the corner of the film to help lift it.
- Slowly pull the film off. Do not pull it straight up away from the skin. Instead, pull the film back and across the skin while holding your skin taut.
You may experience some redness around the tattoo where SecondSkin™ was applied to the un-tattooed skin. This is also completely normal and may occur with any type of medical adhesive. If you do develop an adverse reaction to the tattoo, discontinue use immediately.